Welcome to Rocco Ceselin Photography Blog !

Friuli and the Lagoon

By 2:15 PM



In Italy for the Holidays. I finally decided to go out and have nice drive from the hills to the Adriatic Sea. first I went to my favorite place in Ruttars, in a Collio Region. Very famous for its great white wines. I always like to photograph a isolated house on the top of the hill in different seasons. Somehow gives me a nice sense of tranquillity. The sky was particulary bright and blue.
In the afternoon, 30 minutes away, I drove towards the sea and I had a nice long walk with my good friend Luca. We ended up in Aquileia, close to the ancient roman ruins, pretty popular location here in Friuli for the beautiful Basilica with wonderful mosaics. http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilica_di_Santa_Maria_Assunta_(Aquileia)
There is a small walk which goes for few miles along a big cove. I loved the sense of lonelisness and the abandoned atmosphere of this fascinating place. You reach the lagoon of Grado-Marano which is the northern part of the Adriatic Sea. If you are patient and you have a small boat, in few hours you can go to Venice by sailing trough a labyrint of small canals.
In the summertime this is the house of mosquitos and bugs but now is the right time to visit.
R.

You Might Also Like

0 comments