Welcome to Rocco Ceselin Photography Blog !

Maui Thanksgiving Weekend

By 5:23 PM

Hawaii is one of the exotic destinations close to the USA you want to visit when you need to relax. From Los Angeles is about 5 hours flight, not so bad. I visited Oahu few years ago and I really had great time. I missed though that sort of wilderness feeling I was expecting from such a desolate archipelagos in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
I tried again for this thanksgiving weekend, destination Maui. I loved everything about it. From the more touristic West side of Lahaina and Kanapali, to the Makena Beach and, above all the trip to Hana.



It takes about one entire day if you want to drive all along the coast but, it's is really worth it. The drive is slow and relaxing and you are surrounded by a green and incredible forest on one side and, the ocean on the other.

I love colors and I was excited to photograph with my Canon 5D Mark II in very diverse weather conditions. The climate changes pretty quickly, from sun to rain and .. wind in a couple of hours. You want to try to shoot also in more extreme situations: humid forest, near a waterfall, in a sandy beach with strong winds.

In the ocean beach near the river with strong current and a pretty rough ocean.



Also, at 11.000 feet high on the Haleakala volcano.

I have to say that, after 3 years of great work my camera is still doing the job.

Renting a car is the best way to visit the island. Maybe a small SUV can be very helpful if you consider to drive on the HWY 330 and HWY31 to return to the West side.

Hopefully Kauai will be my next winter destination.

You Might Also Like

0 comments